Values and Ethos
Free to Flourish
Our primary aim at Roe Lee Park Primary School is that every member of the school community flourishes within a caring, nurturing ethos, with values built on mutual trust and respect for all. We aim to promote an environment where everyone feels happy, safe and secure and is supported to achieve the highest standards.
We aim to develop every child to reach their full potential in all areas of learning – intellectual, emotional, physical, social, moral, spiritual and cultural.
"Children, parents, governors and all staff to work together to ensure that everyone fulfils their potential and enjoys a rewarding experience".
We provide an inclusive environment with strong ambition for the achievement of all children regardless of background or need. Every child will access a creative, exciting and stimulating curriculum to give them the opportunity to reach high standards of achievement and fulfil their potential in our nurturing school.
We seek to involve parents/carers and the community in achieving this shared vision to support and encourage children on their journey of lifelong learning.
Our agreed school values are:
Our values help us to understand how we can all make a positive contribution to the school and wider community. We aspire to put these values and behaviours into practice in our daily lives.
Our key aim is to ensure that our children become valuable and fully rounded members of society and treat others with respect and tolerance, regardless of background.
The spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of all our children is promoted through our assemblies, themed weeks and events linked to current affairs. Children learn about the basic British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, and mutual respect and tolerance for different faiths and beliefs in order to prepare them for life in modern Britain.
Our values underpin all aspects of school life, supporting our children to:
- Feel safe, happy and secure
- Be high achieving learners, making excellent progress from their individual starting points
- Be enthusiastic and with positive attitudes to learning
- Be good role models, demonstrating positive attitudes and behaviours characterised by high self-esteem, independence, resilience and responsibility
- Be respectful to children, adults and the environment
Our staff will:
- Create a vibrant learning environment
- Have secure subject knowledge to deliver a rich, balanced curriculum
- Ensure learning is purposeful, creative, challenging, inclusive and enjoyable
- Set high expectations
- Support the development of the characteristics of effective learning, namely, playing and exploring, active learning and creative and critical thinking
- Employ positive behaviour strategies
- Celebrate achievement
- Work in partnership with parents/carers
- Contribute, take responsibility and develop initiatives
- Consistently hold high professional expectations of themselves and one another
- Be good role models
The school ethos and environment will:
- Be positive, confident and optimistic
- Be fully inclusive and celebrate diversity
- Engender caring relationships in which children and adults are valued as individuals
- Promote open and effective communication
- Promote fairness, honesty and integrity
- Value the learning and development of children, staff and volunteers
Roe Lee Park Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.